This recipe for Caesar Salad is from my dear sister-in-law, Susan. Not only is she an amazing cook, but a wonderful person! She created this dressing by trial and error to be made without raw eggs like traditional Caesar.
It is the perfect balance of tartness from the vinegar and bite from the garlic with the pungent aroma of anchovies. The anchovy paste can usually be found in the canned seafood section of your grocery store. We often have a jar of this dressing in the fridge waiting to be tossed. It goes perfect with any Italian meal or as a meal itself with added grilled chicken and tomatoes or vegetables of choice.
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbls red wine vinegar
- 1 heaping Tbls mayonaise
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup croutons (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Using a whisk or a blender, mix garlic, anchovy paste, olive oil, worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and mayonaise until well combined.
- Step 2 Toss lettuce, parmesean and croutons with salt, pepper, and dressing and serve immediately.
This dressing goes perfect with THM S meals. Just omit the croutons or use a low carb bread option.