Imagine if you will… Christmas Morning…. or a Birthday Sunrise…. or the day Grandpa comes to visit…. well, really any ol’ Saturday morning will do!!! This Thanksgiving French Toast Bake is not only for Thanksgiving. It will have any day feeling like a special treat with it’s sweet bread and dripping syrup. Kids and adults alike will rave of its goodness! It’s perfect for brunch or church pot-lucks or any family get together. And it is quick and easy to throw together the night before so you get to spend the morning enjoying family instead of slaving in the kitchen.
This recipe came from our friend Lori. Like this recipe, Lori oozes sweet goodness and has an amazing gift of hospitality and generosity. She and her husband have been inviting others into their home for 20 years and so many of us have been blessed by their beautiful meals, warm friendship and inspirational faith! We hope that this will only be the first of many recipes that flow out of Lori’s Kitchen…. it is truly a place where love is dished up and lives are changed one meal at a time.
Thanksgiving French Toast
Spend a few minutes the night before and have this yummy breakfast treat ready to bake in the morning!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 to 1.5 cup brown sugar (depending on your desired sweetness
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 cups diced Hawaiian Sweet Bread (or other bread of choice)
- 8 eggs
- 1.75 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Step 1 Melt butter and pour in a 9×13 pan.
- Step 2 Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over butter.
- Step 3 Cut bread into pieces and place evenly on the pan.
- Step 4 Beat together eggs, butter and salt and then pour over bread.
- Step 5 Cover and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- Step 6 Next morning, uncover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Step 7 To serve, cut pieces and flip them upside down on a plate, being sure to scoop out the syrup in the bottom of the pan.