Gather around the table, the back porch, or the football game and dig into this perfect-for-parties Bean Dip!
Quick and easy to make and full of flavor…. So whip it up and pile it on your favorite chips, crackers, veggies, burritos, tacos… really, anything begging for some creamy, cheesy flavor! It works great for the stove top or you can make it in a crockpot to keep it warm all though your party and clear though the 4th quarter.
This recipe is so simple, my little guys love to make it up for a fun-at-home lunch. A few veggies and a big glass of our fresh raw goats milk and it is a meal I can feel pretty good about.
Party Bean Dip
- 1 can of re-fried beans
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 t cumin
- tortilla chips
- Step 1 Option 1: Combine all ingredients in a mini crockpot and heat on low for about two hours, stirring every 1/2 hour or so until hot and bubbly. When hot, reduce temperature to warm for serving.
- Step 2 Option 2: Heat all ingredients in a medium size saucepan on medium heat, stirring often until hot and bubbly. Transfer to a slow cooker on warm for serving if desired.
- Step 3 Serve with tortilla chips, veggies or use as a filling for your favorite Mexican dish.
this can be made with all cheddar cheese (8 ounces) if you don’t have monterey jack.
For our THM friends, this dip calls for all plan approved ingredients but is a crossover. Make sure to use baked blue corn chips, veggies or an on-plan cracker for a fun party treat.