I really like lean meat… It’s not because I am trying to limit fat or that I think it is more virtuous somehow…. I just don’t like fatty meat! It feels weird in my mouth. So I have always preferred chicken breast, fish and lean […]
Tag: high protein
Isn’t it wonderful to wake up to the wonderful aroma of pancakes… with sweet syrup and melted butter dripping down the side… who can resist it?
The beauty of these pancakes is that they are so full of protein that you won’t experience that sugar low that you get after eating traditional pancakes. They are a bit thiner and denser than the typical carb laden pancakes but the energy you feel will make these your new favorite.
It is easy to make this recipe gluten free by substituting a flour of your choice for the wheat flour or omitting it altogether.
Blender Protein Pancakes
These high protein pancakes will keep you and your kids going till noon!
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons oil of choice or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour (white, whole wheat or oat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- opt. 1/4 cup ground flax OR wheat germ
- Step 1 Blend the cottage cheese in a blender, adding an egg or two if necessary until very smooth.
- Step 2 Add remaining eggs, butter, vanilla, flour, salt, baking powder and flax and blend on low until well combined.
- Step 3 Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup onto buttered griddle and fry until bubbles begin to form on top. Flip and fry the second side until golden brown.
Note: Make waffles from this recipe by adding an additional 1/3 cup of flour and cooking on a waffle iron.